- She checks my phone… all the time
- I can go out with friends… when he says it's OK
- He is always angry… but he says it’s my fault
- He checks my phone… all the time
- She is always angry… but she says it’s my fault
What is domestic abuse?
A kick, a punch, a push? Often it’s more complicated. Violence, control, intimidation and isolation are all forms of abuse that are much more common than you think.
Sometimes these behaviours might start off small, but they can quickly escalate into abuse. The truth is, right here in Greater Manchester as many as one in three women and one in six men have experienced some form of domestic abuse. Does that sit right with you?
It’s time to end the stigma that surrounds domestic abuse – it’s time to start the conversation.